What if the Bible is true?
May 15, 2012 5 Comments
Many dismiss the Bible’s authority, even suppressing its use in public, but here’s an open invitation for all to consider a simple question; “What if the Bible is true?” If so, then:
- All non-biblical belief systems are false (John 14:6).
- God really does love us (John 3:16).
- God desires all people to turn to Him (II Peter 3:9).
- Jesus is the only path to heaven (Acts 4:12).
- Jesus freely offers peace and hope (Romans 5:1-2).
- Jesus changes lives forever (II Corinthians 5:17).
- God personally spoke the world into existence (Genesis 1).
- God is totally sovereign to make unilateral decisions (Psalm 86:10).
- God is just in all His dealings with man (Psalm 89:14).
- God is still in charge of nature (Genesis 8:22).
- Christians are expected to behave like Christ (Ephesians 4:32)
- God’s standards never change with culture (Job 23:13).
- Christians are to be disciple-makers (Matthew 28:16-20)
- People not trusting in Jesus will suffer forever (Rev. 20:15).
- Heaven can’t be earned (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Jesus physically rose from the dead (Acts 1:3).
- God will ultimately judge all mankind (Revelation 20:12).
- God’s plan will ultimately be accomplished (Revelation 21:6).
- Jesus is serious about His bride, the Church (II Corinthians 11:2).
- Jesus will return in awesome power and glory (Revelation 19:11-16).
Of course some will respond with “What if it’s not?” In that case, then there’s nothing to worry about, but what if it is…